Maison Blanche, as this estate was formerly known, was founded by the Constant-Pineau family around 1875, then subsequently enlarged and replanted by Louis Rapin, then later embellished by Gérard Despagne; it has been a family estate since 1938, and since 2013 it has been run by Nicolas Despagne. It is a beautiful estate of 100 acres located southwest of the Montagne Saint-Émilion appellation, between Lalande-de-Pomerol to the north, Saint-Émilion to the south and Pomerol to the west. The vineyards are a mix of Merlot and Cabernet Franc, and the viticulture is completely organic. The wine delivers a nice mix of cherries, blackberries, tobacco, and dried spice; it is medium-bodied on the palate, nicely structured, with fine tannins.
Sub-region Montagne Saint-Emilion
Grape Varietal Cabernet Franc, Merlot